Sunday, September 1, 2013

Home.....Temporarily - Day 32

Today ended my third and last Trip driving to the West. With the low temperature for the day being 74F,  high temperature being 86F and the sky extremely overcast, it was a day to write home to mom about, but none the least, the rains came only when I was visiting Horseshoe Curve and then it was only a brief shower.  Gasoline purchased today was at $3.659/gallon, again below the average for the trip.  I am thinking that the average gasoline prices for the trip has dropped from this past week purchases.  As one can see from the photos, I revisited Horseshoe Curve, spent some time in Altoona, and visited South Williamsport to see the Little League World Series Sports Complex.
It is now time to head to the Northeast for 10-12 days to see one of those states I have never been to, Maine.  I plan to rest up for a day before I start IV-2, however!
Today's driving brought the total mileage for the Western Trip to 9597 miles or 300 miles/day.  I could not have planned this any better.
So stay tuned folks!

The Traveller

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it home safely. Hope you love Maine...beautiful state...go far enough up to see Campobello(?) it is well worth the trip..

    ReplyDelete