Friday, August 23, 2013

A Rainy Day - Day 23

The Temperatures did not vary as much as the past few days as the low temperature of the day was 58F and the high temperature only rose to 74F.  It rained almost all day with a deluge occurring near the Emery Exit on Interstate 70.  It rained so hard that the Interstate Highway 70 had so much water on it that it caused the car to hydroplane.  I pulled off to a rest stop until the deluge passed.  Two cars were not so fortunate as they hydroplaned right off the road.  The last 50 miles or so on Interstate 70, the sun appeared to show just how beautiful Southern Utah is.  I also enjoyed the tour of  Utah Olympic Park, to me those Ski Jumps look scary.  Gasoline purchased today was at $3.749/gallon.
My plans are to take a drive down to Canyonlands National Park tomorrow and to maybe revisit Moab.
Until then, take care!

The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. Be careful and check weather reports.....lots of rain out in that area lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. take care my bro...be safe...I never did get skiing...too afraid of heights, I guess....one of my many shortcomings...lol..

    ReplyDelete