Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Triple Digits Day - Day 20

There was a good sign of how high the temperatures were going to be when I started out this morning from  Medford, Oregon and the temperatures was already 78F.  That turned out to be the low temperature for the day as my car thermometer hit 103F in the late afternoon while driving on Route 65 between Yuba City and Lincoln, California. Gasoline was purchased twice once in Oregon for $3.589/gallon and once in California for $3.879/gallon.  I wonder!  I was glad that I stopped at Castle Crags State Park today, Castle Crags  does show that the landscape in the Northwest is not all volcanic formed.  The stop at Shasta Lake was also interesting in that it showed just how different the water levels can be from season to season.  If I would venture a guess it would be close to a 100 feet different, that's a lot of water folks!
The trip now takes an Easternly direction into the state of Nevada.
Take care!

The Traveller

2 comments:

  1. Surprisingly(or not), the gas prices in Cali are not all that much different from here. That is too hot for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is way to hot for me also...can barely stand 90 here...

    ReplyDelete